Research – New publication – Lowe, C.J., Morton, J.B. & Reichelt, A.C. (2020) Adolescent obesity and dietary decision making—a brain-health perspective The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health
In the media –
- Junk food orders up trouble for young brains
- Teen eating habits may contribute to adult obesity: New Western research
- Path from junk food to poor decisions drawn by Western University researchers
- Eating junk food can change the teenage brain: study
Science communication – I presented as a keynote speaker on how diet impacts brain function at the Exercise is Medicine Symposium at Western University.
I spent February working in the lab, writing papers and wrapping up some experiments… Good times all round!
Science communication – Listen to my interview on CBC Radio ‘Here and Now’ Toronto with Gill Deacon: The teen brain on junk food.
Science communication – Read my article in The Conversation (English/French) explaining the neuroscience behind how a night of merriment and alcohol can cause ‘Hangxiety’ the morning after.
- New Year’s anxiety hangover? Here’s what’s happening in your brain
- Le blues du lendemain de veille : voici ce qui se produit dans votre cerveau
Science communication – Read my article in The Conversation (English/French) explaining how junk foods are particularly bad for the developing teen brain:
- How junk food shapes the developing teenage brain
- Comment la malbouffe façonne le cerveau en développement des ados
Research – New publication – Reichelt, A.C., Collett, J. C., Landmann, O. and Hallam, K.T. (2019) Assessing the Impacts of Cannabis versus Alcohol and Methamphetamines on Young Australians in Youth AOD Treatment. BMC Psychiatry
Science communication – Read my article in The Conversation (English/French) explaining the science behind why we love sugary foods so much.
- Your brain on sugar: What the science actually says
- Comment notre alimentation trop riche en sucre transforme notre cerveau
Research – New publication – Bodden, C., Hannan, A.J. and Reichelt, A.C. Diet-Induced Modification of the Sperm Epigenome Programs Metabolism and Behavior. Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism
Research – New publication – Pham, X., Wright, D.K., Atapour, N., Chan, J. M-H, Watkins, K.J., Worthy, K.L., Rosa, M.G.P.R., Reichelt, A.C., Reser, D.H. (2019) Internal subdivisions of the marmoset claustrum complex: Identification by myeloarchitectural features and high field strength imaging. Frontiers in Neuroanatomy